About the role
We pride ourselves on operating one of the most extensive and specialised generator hire transport fleets in the country with a fleet including 4×4 Land Rovers, 18-66 tonne lorry loader rigid vehicles and articulated tractor units. You will deliver and position our generators and rental equipment in various site locations throughout the UK providing essential temporary power solutions to our customers.
Your responsibilities will include
– Handling and operating heavy machinery and plant
– Deliver offload using up to 60t at 1m cranes
– Assisting in the installation of temporary generators and ancillary equipment including cable and fuel tank distribution
– Carry out risk assessments prior to offload
– Advise the customer to the preferred safe positioning of the equipment
– Demonstrate equipment operation
– Confirm that the equipment is in working order
– Carry out basic repairs of equipment
– Connect fuel lines to bulk tanks and to generators
– Assist in yard duties as required
– The refuel of generators with both tanker and bowsers
The ideal candidate will pride themselves on their excellent customer service skills and have a “can do” attitude. It is essential that you hold a current HGV1 licence. I would be an advantage for you to hold an ADR Licence and/or a Lorry Loader qualification, however training will be provided if not.
Title: Class1 Driver/Operator
Location: Gillingham, Kent
Salary: OTE £40,000 p/a (uncapped) + benefits
Duration: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Shift Pattern; 5days on 3days off average 42hrs per week
MEMS Power Generation are a specialist temporary power solutions provider in operation 24/7, supplying disaster recovery solutions for our diverse range of customers including small businesses through to blue chip multinational organisations and utility companies. With a fleet of over 500 generators and 35 years’ experience, we are the supplier of choice in the UK power rental market.
This is an exciting opportunity for a driver who is looking for a challenge in a unique and highly respected organisation.
Working outside of normal working hours will be a requirement as this is an emergency support business.
We aim to employ motivated people to continue to represent MEMS as an employer of choice whilst delivering an exceptional service to our customers. If you believe you have the attributes to join our team, please do so by emailing us your CV to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that all employees complete our screening process which includes a criminal check.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE