About the role
Reporting directly to the Commercial Director, you will manage a small team of ten including field engineers and office staff whilst ensuring profitability from existing customers and developing the division.
Your responsibilities will include
– Ensure SLA’s are exceeded within budgeted costs and ensuring compliance whilst adding value;
– Generate additional work and new business opportunities from both new and existing customers;
– Agree and set operational targets including income and cost controls;
– Deliver monthly invoice and contract management data within agreed timescales;
– Plan contract renewals whilst maintaining current contract numbers whilst monitoring non-renewals and lost contracts;
– Processing and analysis of Engineers timesheets;
– Carry out regular debriefing meetings;
– Monitor customer satisfaction surveys and ensure any failings are immediately resolved;
– Plan and manage staff callout rotas ensuring cover is always available;
– Gather and record management information for delivery to the Board;
– Record team performance information;
– Monitor profit and loss on a job by job basis;
– Provide office based support and leadership for team;
– Complete reviews with all staff, including annual pay, performance reviews and disciplinaries
The successful applicant will ensure their team is motivated, customer satisfaction is high and a new business pipeline is active.
You will have a strong business acumen and an understanding of managing a service based operation whilst ensuring our customers’ expectations of a market leading brand are delivered. You will display effective people and management abilities ideally from a service based background; have excellent organisational skills; a driver’s licence; effective communication abilities (both written and verbal); awareness of Microsoft and bespoke software packages.
A technical or engineering understanding is preferred however not essential.
We are a nationwide operation which would see you travelling within the UK from time to time and meeting customers as business needs necessitate.
Title: Service Manager
Location: Gillingham, Kent
Salary: £35,000 + bonus + benefits
Duration: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Monday to Friday 8am to 5.30pm (as business needs necessitate)
Holiday: 20days + bank holidays
MEMS Power Generation are a specialist temporary power solutions provider in operation 24/7, supplying disaster recovery solutions for our diverse range of customers including small businesses through to blue chip multinational organisations and utility companies. With a fleet of over 500 generators and 35 years’ experience, we are the supplier of choice in the UK power rental market.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Service Manager who is looking for a challenge. Training will be provided regarding all aspects of our products including MEMS procedures and our customer standards.
Working outside of normal working hours may be a requirement for which overtime will be paid.
We aim to employ motivated people to continue to represent MEMS as an employer of choice whilst delivering an exceptional service to our customers. If you believe you have the attributes to join our team, please do so by emailing us your CV to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that all employees complete our screening process which includes a criminal check.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE